NPWS Education Centres aim to raise awareness of the natural world and the importance of conserving and protecting our biodiversity. Education programmes can vary from centre to centre. Find out more about each of our centres by clicking on the map markers below or, alternatively, in the full list of NPWS Education Centres.
Education centre activities include
- Natural Awareness programmes for primary schools.
- Ecology and geography fieldwork for secondary schools.
- Activities for groups (Scouts, active retirement, special needs etc.)
- Summer Scheme Groups and Camps.
- Special events and tours for the public.
- Outreach programme to schools.
- Discover Primary Science Programme.
- Adult Community Groups & Associations.
- Training for teachers, parents and leaders on how to communicate and share nature and environment with children.