Who we are:
The Notice Nature website is administered by The National Parks and Wildlife Service (part of the Heritage Division of the Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage). If you follow us, you can expect posts and / or tweets covering a wide range of issues related to natural heritage and biodiversity awareness as well as the work of the NPWS and our parent Department, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Awareness initiatives and events either part or wholly funded by the Department or other State agencies.
- Updates on NPWS data and GIS services.
- NPWS / Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage Event information.
- Alerts about new content on our website and the NPWS website, npws.ie.
- Other practical information on services available through NPWS and / or the Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage.
- Links to information from or about other organisations, public and private, in the Heritage sector.
Who we follow:
Please note that if you follow us, we may not automatically follow you back. This is to help our followers identify other Twitter accounts that we are following such as other Government Departments and state promotion agencies, the Houses of the Oireachtas, relevant European institutions and accounts of particular relevance to heritage in Ireland.
Replies and Direct Messages
While we welcome feedback and ideas from all our followers, we are not able to reply individually to messages we receive via Twitter. The best means of communicating a query to Notice Nature is by using the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
Please do not include personal/private information in your tweets to us.
We will only retweet information which is in line with Department guidelines. Retweets should not be viewed as an endorsement of information.
Twitter may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to Twitter downtime.
Abusive or spam tweets will result in followers being blocked and reported directly to Twitter.