- If you are a gardener of landscape designer, why not consider a peat-free compost alternative. Peat free composts can be found in garden centres all over the country.
- Recycle garden/kitchen waste to make your own compost and persuade. If your local authority provides a ‘brown bin’ for collecting kitchen waste, use it!
- If you don’t have one, why not try home composting. You can have a compost heap at the end of your garden or you can make or buy your own compost container. You can find out more about composting on many local authority websites.
- Support conservation groups working to Save Bogs
- For more information on bogs, go to http://www.ipcc.ie/
Back to Habitat Diversity menu